These chocolate orange mousse cups are guaranteed to impress both your vegan and non-vegan friends. Filled with rich, chocolatey goodness, the orange skins are a fun serving option if you want to try something a bit different!
These will last in the fridge for a few days. We recommend serving with whipped coconut cream and chocolate trimmings, but feel free to experiment with fruits, seeds and any of your favourite toppings.
Makes 4 cups.
75g dark chocolate (plus a little extra for decoration)
1 avocado peeled and stone removed
2 tbsp maple syrup
Can of coconut milk
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large oranges
1. Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge to set the cream. This can take up to a few hours depending on the quality of the coconut milk.
2. Slice the two large oranges in half, then remove the segments and skin from the inside of the oranges using a spoon. I use a bowl underneath the oranges to catch all the yummy juice to drink later!
3. Then, place a heatproof bowl in the mouth of a pan containing roughly an inch of hot water. Melt the chocolate in the bowl, stirring occasionally. Once the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the pan and leave the chocolate to cool slightly while you carry out the next steps.
4. Remove the can of coconut milk from the fridge and remove the solid cream that has set at the top of the can.
5. Place 1/2 cup of the coconut cream in a food processor. Then add the avocado, maple syrup, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla extract, and pulse until smooth.
6. Add in the melted chocolate and pulse for a further 15-20 seconds.
7. Transfer the mousse mixture to the orange halves and place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
8. When you are ready to serve, remove the mousses from the fridge and top with the remaining coconut cream and grated dark chocolate.
Magimix 4200XL (buy here)