100g mixed leaves (i.e. spinach, rocket and baby red chard)
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1 small red onion
1 red apple
Handful pomegranate seeds
For the dressing…
3 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Place a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and toast the walnuts and pumpkin seeds for 5 minutes or until they start to turn golden.
2. Place the mixed leaves, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds in a mixing bowl.
3. Peel and slice the onion. Peel the orange, then place a bowl underneath and slice into segments while using the bowl to catch the leftover juice for the dressing. Deseed and dice the apple. Transfer the onion, orange and apple pieces to the mixing bowl.
4. Prepare the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients together with the leftover juice from the orange.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix everything together.
6. Serve the salad with a topping of pomegranate seeds.