Makes 4 tacos.
1 x 400g tinned black beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 romaine lettuce leaves
For the guacamole:
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tomatoes chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
handful of jalapeño peppers sliced
vegan sour cream (optional)
sweet chilli sauce (suitable for vegans)
1. Add the beans, chilli powder, cumin, salt and pepper to a pan, stir everything together, then add enough water to the pan until the beans are completely submerged. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated, then remove the pan from heat.
2. For the guacamole, finely chop the garlic clove and place it in bowl with the avocado and lemon. Mash the ingredients together until smooth.
3. Prepare the lettuce leaves by washing them and trimming the ends.
4. Then prepare the toppings by cutting the tomatoes in quarters and removing the seeds. Then dice the tomatoes and red onion, slice the jalapeño peppers if needed, and roughly chop the coriander.
5. Lay the lettuce leaves flat and start layering the ingredients; first with a couple of spoonfuls of the chilli mixture, then guacamole, followed by tomatoes, jalapeños and red onion.
6. Finish with a drizzle of sour cream, coriander and sweet chilli sauce.
Vegan sour cream recipe
1/4 cup raw cashews
2 tbsp water
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Pinch of salt
1. Soak cashews in hot water for one hour.
2. Drain cashews and place all ingredients in blender. Blitz until smooth.