Whether it’s sweet or savoury, tofu is a very versatile ingredient when you think outside the box and have fun with your recipes. These nuggets are so simple and will make a great snack or main course on your dinner table!
Makes roughly 18 nuggets.
400g pack of tofu (including water)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup soya milk
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
3 cups vegan cornflakes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Drain and dry the tofu then cut into 3rds length ways and then into 1.5cm slices width ways.
3. Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and flour on a small plate. On another small plate combine the soya milk with sweet chilli sauce.
4. Break down the cornflakes into crumbs by placing in a food processor or in a zip-lock bag and hitting with a rolling pin. Then transfer the cornflake crumbs to a big plate.
5. Coat the tofu pieces first with the flour mix, then the milk and finally in the cornflakes,
6. Place the tofu nuggets on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, turning over half after ten minutes.