4 sweet potatoes
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp each chilli, cumin, oregano, paprika
1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
1 tin black beans
3 tbsp chopped Jalapeno
Cashew sour cream
Loaded Sweet Potato SkinsLoaded Sweet Potato Skins
– Full recipe http://bit.ly/2aBXwWZ
Posted by So Vegan on Thursday, 11 August 2016
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Using a fork, pierce each sweet potato a few times and place on baking tray lined with foil.
3. Bake for 45 minutes (or until soft).
4. Remove from the oven and halve each potato. Spoon out the flesh from the inside, leaving a 1/2 cm layer of flesh around the edge. Transfer flesh to a mixing bowl.
6. Drizzle the inside of each potato half with a small amount of olive oil and bake face up for a further ten minutes.
7. Meanwhile, dice the onion, finely chop the garlic and heat a little olive oil in a frying pan.
8. Fry the onion in the pan until soft, then add in the garlic, spice and seasoning, then cook for a further couple of minutes.
9. Transfer onion and garlic mix to the mixing bowl with potato flesh.
10. Dice the tomato, then drain and dry the black beans before transferring to the mixing bowl with the potato flesh. Add jalapeño peppers and tomatoes, and mix together.
11. Remove potato skins from the oven and fill each potato half with the flesh mix. Bake for a further 20 minutes.
13. Remove potato halves from the oven and top with homemade cashew sour cream, chopped coriander, and spring onion.
Cashew sour cream recipe
1/4 cup raw cashews
2 tbsp water
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Pinch of salt
1. Soak cashews in boiling water for one hour.
2. Drain cashews and place all ingredients in blender. Blitz until smooth.