Keep it simple with this ‘one-pan’ pie? This recipe calls for mushrooms, leeks, carrots and peas, which we combine together with stock and seasoning before adding the pastry lid. Make sure you use good quality stock, which is a vital ingredient in any pie!
2 large leeks sliced
500g mushrooms quartered
2 cloves garlic diced
2 tsp mixed herbs
200ml veg stock
1/4 cup soya cream
1 large carrot diced
1 cup frozen peas
2 tbsp plain flour
350g puff pastry or shortcrust pastry (suitable for vegans)
1 Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Heat a little oil in a pan, when hot fry the leek and mushrooms for 8-10 minutes.
3. Add in the garlic and mixed herbs, and fry for a further minute.
4. Pour in the stock, soya cream, carrot and peas, and simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the flour.
5. Take the pan off the heat and lay the pastry on top, cutting around the edges of the pan and pushing them against the outside.
6. Brush the pie lid with almond or soya milk and pierce a few times with a fork.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. We serve our pie with mashed potato and broccoli.