A while ago we created one of our all-time favourite So Vegan recipes…our mushroom stroganoff.
You guys seemed to love it as much as we do, so we thought why not recreate it with a cheeky twist?
Here’s our super simplified one-pot mushroom stroganoff designed for those who don’t like washing up, but love eating delicious food with bags of flavour (basically, us).
This is ideal for a winter weeknight dinner. It’s quick, easy and most importantly it’s comforting so you can spend more at home relaxing with your feet up, rather than spending hours in the kitchen.
Oh, and don’t forget our debut cookbook So Vegan in 5 is out now.
The book features over 100 super simple 5-ingredient recipes, making it easier than ever before to cook delicious vegan food.
We hope you enjoy the recipe,
Roxy & Ben
One-Pot Mushroom Stroganoff
Full recipe: sovegan.co/onepotstrog
Posted by So Vegan on Thursday, 17 January 2019
One-Pot Mushroom StroganoffRoxy, So Vegan A while ago we created one of our all-time favourite So Vegan recipes…our mushroom stroganoff. You guys seemed to love it as… Print This
- 1 onion
- 500g (17.6oz) chestnut mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 500ml (17fl/oz) vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 300g (10.5oz) fusilli pasta (or similar)
- 60ml (2fl.oz) soya cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- large handful of parsley
The cupboard essentials
- olive oil
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a saucepan on a medium heat. While the oil heats up, peel the onion and dice it. Add the onion to the saucepan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and add them to the saucepan. Fry for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel and dice the garlic and add to the saucepan along with the paprika and chilli powder. Fy for 2 minutes.
- Add in the mustard, vegetable stock, soy sauce, tagliatelle and 200ml (7fl.oz) of cold water. Bring the mixture to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened up and the pasta is al dente.
- Stir in the soya cream, lemon juice, a handful of chopped parsley (but leave some parsley for decoration) and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mushroom stroganoff between 4 bowls and finish with some chopped parsley and a freshly ground black pepper.