A while ago we created one of our all-time favourite So Vegan recipes…our mushroom stroganoff.
You guys seemed to love it as much as we do, so we thought why not recreate it with a cheeky twist?
Here’s our super simplified one-pot mushroom stroganoff.
This recipe is for those who – like us – don’t like washing up, but love eating delicious food with bags of flavour.
This is ideal for a winter weeknight dinner.
It’s quick, easy and most importantly it’s comforting so you can spend more at home relaxing with your feet up, rather than spending hours in the kitchen.
We hope you enjoy the recipe!
Roxy & Ben
Today we’re throwing back once again to one of our classic one-pot recipes. It’s our One-Pot Mushroom Stroganoff 😍 We…Posted by So Vegan on Wednesday, 22 July 2020
One-Pot Mushroom StroganoffRoxy, So Vegan We use soy sauce to add depth to this dish and we add paprika and chilli for a fantastic smoky flavour. Print This
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 500g (17.6oz) chestnut mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 500ml (17fl/oz) vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 300g (10.5oz) pasta (we use fusilli or trottole)
- 4 tbsp vegan single cream (we use soy cream)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. While the oil heats up, peel and dice the onion. Add the onion to the saucepan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and add them to the saucepan. Fry for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel and dice the garlic and add to the saucepan along with the paprika and chilli powder. Fy for 2 minutes.
- Add in the mustard, vegetable stock, soy sauce, pasta and 200ml (7fl.oz) of water. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened up and the pasta is al dente. Meanwhile roughly chop the parsley.
- Stir in the soya cream, lemon juice, a handful of chopped parsley (leave some parsley for decoration) and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mushroom stroganoff between 3 or 4 bowls and finish with some chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper.