- We love to use fusilli or trottole pasta but really any pasta will do.
Today we’re throwing back once again to one of our classic one-pot recipes. It’s our One-Pot Mushroom Stroganoff 😍 We…Posted by So Vegan on Wednesday, 22 July 2020
One-Pot Mushroom StroganoffRoxy, So Vegan Here's our super simplified one-pot mushroom stroganoff. This recipe is for those who - like us - don't like washing up, but love eating delicious food with bags of flavour. Print This
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 500g (17.6oz) chestnut mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 500ml (17fl/oz) vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 240g pasta (we use fusilli or trottole)
- 4 tbsp vegan single cream (we use soy cream)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. While the oil heats up, peel and dice the onion. Add the onion to the saucepan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and add them to the saucepan. Fry for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel and dice the garlic and add to the saucepan along with the paprika and chilli powder. Fy for 2 minutes.
- Add in the mustard, vegetable stock, soy sauce, pasta and 200ml (7fl.oz) of water. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened up and the pasta is al dente. Meanwhile roughly chop the parsley.
- Stir in the soya cream, lemon juice, a handful of chopped parsley (leave some parsley for decoration) and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mushroom stroganoff between 3 or 4 bowls and finish with some chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper.