These easy noodles just goes to show you don’t need an endless list of ingredients to make seriously tasty food.
- It’s really important you don’t overcook the noodles, otherwise they’ll fall apart in the wok. They should be soft but still chewy because the heat from the wok will continue to cook them.
- We use regular wheat noodles, but you can use whichever noodles you like in this dish.
- If the Tenderstem broccoli stems are quite thick, we recommend slicing them in half or even quarters lengthways to make sure they cook at the same time as the other veggies.
- 1/2 thumb of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar, or rice vinegar
- 160g / 5.6oz noodles
- 100g / 3.5oz mushrooms, sliced (we use Shiitake)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 4 Tenderstem broccoli, halved lengthways
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Add the ginger, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, the dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, maple syrup and rice wine vinegar to a jar. Seal the jar with a lid and give it a good shake, then leave to one side.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in boiling water, then drain and rinse under cold water to prevent them getting soft. They should be cooked but still chewy (see notes).
- Add the remaining 1 tsp of sesame oil to a wok on a hot heat. Add the mushroom, red pepper and broccoli. Fry for 3-5 minutes or until the veggies are cooked but still crunchy.
- Add the cooked noodles, sauce you made earlier and spring onion. Stir and cook for 30 seconds, then serve.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!