- Be sure to use gluten-free oats to make this recipe gluten-free.
Raw Apricot & Ginger Energy Bars
Raw Apricot & Ginger Energy Bars 🌱 Looking for tasty vegan recipes? Check out our cookbook So Vegan In 5: sovegan.co/cookbookPosted by So Vegan on Thursday, 15 August 2019
- 200g / 7oz dried apricots, plus extra for decoration
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g / 3.5oz coconut oil
- 200g / 7oz oats
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 60g / 2.1 hazelnuts
- 60g / 2.1oz pistachios
- 60g / 2.1oz pumpkin seeds
- 80g / 2.8oz dark chocolate
- Transfer the apricots to a small bowl and cover with hot water straight from the kettle. Leave to soak for 5 minutes (this will help them break down), then drain and transfer to a food processor along with the maple syrup and coconut oil. Process until fully combined.
- Add the oats and ginger to the food processor and pulse half a dozen times until mostly combined. Then transfer the contents of the food processor to a mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts and pistachios, and add them to the bowl along with the pumpkin seeds. Stir everything until fully incorporated.
- Line a 7” square tin with baking paper and pour the mixture into the tin. Even out the top with the back of a metal spoon or by pushing down using a small piece of baking paper. Then decorate with a few apricots on top and even out the top again, pushing the apricots into the mixture.
- Pop the tin in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove the bars from the tin.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl on top of a saucepan containing a little water on a medium heat. Once the chocolate has melted, transfer it to a small glass or bowl.
- Dunk the end of each bar into the chocolate and place on a piece of baking paper to cool.
- All done! Keep the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.