We’ll find any excuse to add chickpeas to our favourite meals. Here we combine them with spices, yoghurt and mayo to create a truly epic sandwich.
- You can make this gluten-free using gluten-free bread.
- Feel free to add your own fillings! We usually add whatever salad ingredients we have lying around in the fridge.
- You can make the chickpea mixture ahead of time and store it in an air-tight container for 2 days in the fridge.
Chickpea Masala Sandwich
Chickpea Masala Sandwich 😋Posted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 2 November 2021
- olive oil
- 1 x 400g / 14.1oz tin of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- salt + pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled + chopped
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger, peeled + chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegan plain yoghurt
- 4 slices of bread, or gluten-free bread
- mango chutney
- baby spinach leaves
- tomato, sliced
- cucumber, sliced
- red onion, sliced
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander
- First add some olive oil to a pan. Next add the chickpeas along with a pinch of salt and pepper and fry for 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red chilli, ground cumin, paprika and tomato puree to the pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the chickpea mixture to a bowl and stir in the vegan mayonnaise and yoghurt.
- To serve, spread a little mango chutney over a slice of bread.
- Next add some spinach leaves followed by the chickpea masala mixture, then some slices of tomato, cucumber, red onion and finally a few coriander leaves.
- Close the sandwich with a second slice of bread. Repeat for the second sandwich.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!
Absolutely incredible and tasty.
I made this for lunch today and it didnt disappoint!
Was so tasty!
Thinking of making it on batch so i can add it to wraps and sandwiches easily for work 🙂
Thanks for all your amazing recipes! Cant wait for your app to be available soon ❤
Thanks For Your Wonderful Recipes. Wish to see more in the coming days.
What brand vegan cheese and yogurt would you guys recommend ?
This is the first recipes of yours that I tried and it was damn delicious. Thank you so much
I saw this on TikTok and I’ve made this recipe over 5 times now! It’s become my everyday lunch. Thanks so much!
OMG, it was delicious! Added to my favourite sandwiches list thank you for sharing.
My new favourite recipe! So easy, SOOO delicious! I love it
This looks delicious. I can’t wait to make it. How long will it keep for?