We know what we’re having for Christmas dinner this year!
This vegan BBQ meatloaf is a real winner. You’ll only need 5 ingredients (seriously) and it’ll take you almost no time at all.
Thanksgiving and Christmas can be stressful, especially if you’re hosting.
But this vegan BBQ meatloaf is totally fuss-free. And better yet, it’s super tasty, hearty and a guaranteed crowdpleaser.
We serve this alongside our favourite seasonal veggies and a generous helping of homemade vegan gravy.
And if you’re a big fan of 5-ingredient recipes like this one, then you’ll love our debut cookbook So Vegan in 5, which includes over 100 super simple 5-ingredient recipes.
It’s available to pre-order right now on Amazon.
Roxy & Ben
5-Ingredient Vegan BBQ ‘Meatloaf’ #SoVeganIn5
Posted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 20 November 2018
5-Ingredient BBQ 'Meatloaf'Roxy, So Vegan We know what we’re having for Christmas dinner this year! This vegan BBQ meatloaf is a real winner. You’ll only need 5… Print This
The 5 ingredients:
- 200g (7oz) mixed nuts (almonds, nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews)
- 2 x 400g (14oz) tinned green lentils
- 4 vegan sausages
- 15 sage leaves
- 6 tbsp BBQ sauce
The cupboard essentials:
- salt and pepper
- If you’re using frozen vegan sausages, leave them out for a few hours to defrost or zap them in a microwave for a minute or two until soft.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF) fan assisted and line an approx 20cm x 10cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add the mixed nuts to a food processor and process until they’ve mostly all broken down.
- Drain and rinse the lentils, then add them to the food processor. Break the vegan sausages in half and add them to the food processor along with the sage leaves, 2 tbsp of the BBQ sauce, 2 tbsp of water and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Process for 10-20 seconds until all the ingredients have combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the pre-lined loaf tin and use a spatula to push the mixture down into the tin, while levelling the top.
- Pour the remaining 4 tbsp of BBQ sauce over the top and use the spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Transfer the loaf to the oven and roast for 35 minutes until the top becomes crispy and dark brown around the edges.
- Leave the loaf to cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the tin. Then slice into 6-8 pieces and serve with gravy, along with all your favourite thanksgiving and Christmas veggies!