Pasta. We can’t get enough of it at the moment.
It’s one of the simplest and quickest ways to rustle up a nutritious midweek meal. This super green linguine is another one of our go-to recipes.
It’s packed with tons of good stuff and, yep, it’ll only require 5 ingredients.
You can use any pasta you like, but we love the way the sauce wraps around the long linguine.
If you’re a big fan of 5-ingredient recipes like this one, then you’ll love our debut cookbook So Vegan in 5, which includes over 100 super simple 5-ingredient recipes.
It’s available to pre-order right now on Amazon.
Roxy & Ben
5-Ingredient Super Green Linguine #SoVeganIn5
Posted by So Vegan on Wednesday, 21 November 2018
Super Green LinguineBen, So Vegan Pasta. We can’t get enough of it at the moment. It’s one of the simplest and quickest ways to rustle up a… Print This
The 5 ingredients:
- 180g (6.5oz) linguine
- 180g (6.5oz) kale
- large handful of basil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 20g (1/2 cup) nutritional yeast
The cupboard essentials:
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- optional: extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions (note: make sure you add a pinch of salt to the water).
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then add the kale and cook for 5 minutes. Then drain the kale, saving the cooking water for later.
- Meanwhile, place a pan on the hob over a medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the pine nuts and toast them for 3 minutes until they turn lightly brown.
- Add 2 tbsp of the pine nuts, the kale (drained), 250ml (1 cup) of cooking water from the kale, nutritional yeast and a generous pinch of salt and pepper to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Drain the pasta, then transfer it back into the saucepan you used to cook it. Pour in the green kale sauce and stir well to combine. Season to taste with extra salt and pepper.
- Serve with the remaining pine nuts and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (optional).