The ultimate quick and easy pasta. Our curly kale linguine combines kale and basil to create a speedy, nutritious and totally delicious meal.
- This is a low-calorie meal if you leave out the vegan parmesan and olive oil toppings.
- If you can’t find curly kale, you can also use cavolo nero or even spinach.
- We’re slightly obsessed with pine nuts, but other nuts will also work, including walnuts or even cashews.
- You can easily make this gluten-free using gluten-free pasta.
- 200g / 7.1oz curly kale, chopped
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 large handful of basil, leaves picked
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt + pepper
- 320g / 11.3oz pasta, we use linguine
- optional: vegan parmesan and olive oil, to serve
- Add the kale, including any stalks, to a large saucepan of boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes, then drain while reserving 250ml (1 cup) of cooking water from the saucepan.
- Meanwhile toast the pine nuts in a pan on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Add the cooked kale to a blender along with the cooking water from the kale you reserved earlier, basil leaves, toasted pine nuts, nutritional yeast and generous pinches of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, then pour into the pan you used to toast the pine nuts and leave to one side.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. When the pasta is almost ready, heat the sauce up in the pan, then use tongs to drain the pasta into the sauce and stir to combine.
- We love to top with olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and vegan parmesan.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!