For the aubergine…
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
3 cups cornflakes (suitable for vegans)
For the sauce…
4 garlic cloves
3 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
3 tbsp agave syrup
1 tbsp flour
Can of coconut milk
For the cauliflower rice…
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup coriander
Plus a little olive oil for frying.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cut aubergine into 1cm thick discs.
3. In a bowl, combine flour with salt & pepper, turmeric, and enough water to make a runny paste.
4. Crush cornflakes and transfer crumbs to a plate.
5. Dip aubergine slices in flour mixture, then cover with breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray.
6. Drizzle a little olive oil in saucepan and heat. Once hot, fry aubergine slices in batches for 5 minutes on each side, adding more oil as needed.
7. Place aubergine slices on baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, fry onion until tender. Then add garlic, curry powder and garam masala, and fry for another minute.
9. Add agave syrup and flour to the onion and stir until a paste has formed.
10. Gradually add in the coconut milk to the onion mix, stirring continuously to make a smooth sauce.
11. For the cauliflower rice, grate the cauliflower and fry in coconut oil until slightly golden (about 10 minutes).
12. Roughly chop the coriander and add into the cauliflower rice.
You are ready to serve!