We bake these falafel and add sun-dried tomatoes for a healthy and seriously delicious twist.
- You could use shop bought (or homemade) hummus instead of the tahini sauce.
- Make this gluten-free using gluten-free breadcrumbs and flatbreads.
- Sometimes we make the falafel ahead of time and keep them in the fridge overnight ready for the next day.
For the falafels:
- 2 x 400g / 14.1oz tins of chickpeas, drained, rinsed + pat dried
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled + roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled + roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- salt + pepper
- olive oil
For the tahini dressing (optional):
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 6 small flatbreads, or gluten-free flatbreads
- hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan / 425°F and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chickpeas, coriander, parsley, paprika, garlic, onion, breadcrumbs, and sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Process until mostly combined and until you can shape the mixture into a ball.
- Roll the mixture into roughly 18 falafel balls and place on the lined baking tray. Next, brush each ball with oil. Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile if you’re making the tahini dressing, in a small bowl combine the lemon juice with 3 tablespoons of water, the tahini paste and maple syrup.
- We like to serve the falafel on a flatbread with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, hot sauce and the tahini dressing.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!