- You can easily sub the broccoli for cauliflower if you happen to be #TeamCauliflower. Cooking times are exactly the same.
- Simply adjust the amount of heat by dialling up or down the amount of sriracha.
- Toppings are completely optional. The sesame seeds and spring onion bring that extra crunch, but the broccoli is still incredible without!
- We use soya milk because this will create a creamier vegan ‘buttermilk’. Other plant-based milks are fine to use but the texture will be runnier.
Bang Bang Broccoli
Bang Bang Broccoli 🔥 Did you know we also have a new cookbook? ONE POT VEGAN is out now 👉 sovegan.co/opvaPosted by So Vegan on Saturday, 26 September 2020
- 1 broccoli
- 40g / 1.4oz plain flour
- 240ml / 8.1 fl.oz soya milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 180g / 6.3oz panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper
For the spicy mayo:
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- sesame seeds
- small handful of fresh chives
- spring onion
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 392°F fan-assisted and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Trim the broccoli into bite-sized florets. Add the flour to a bowl. Next add the soya milk and apple cider vinegar to a separate bowl, stir, leave to sit for a few minutes, then add the hot sauce and stir to combine. Finally add the panko breadcrumbs to a third bowl along with the onion powder, garlic powder and generous pinches of salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Making sure they're fully coated in each coating, dip each broccoli floret first into the flour, then into the milk mixture and finally into the panko breadcrumb mix, then place on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile combine all of the spicy mayo ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the broccoli is ready, transfer it to a large mixing bowl and pour the spicy mayo all over, then toss until the florets are coated in the mayo. Transfer the bang bang broccoli to a serving bowl.
- To finish, roughly chop some chives and a spring onion, then sprinkle all over the broccoli along with some sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!