- We use extra virgin olive oil in the chimichurri, which makes the dressing slightly lighter and has a stronger olive flavour.
- Taste the chimichurri dressing as you go and the ingredients to your taste. Add more chilli if you like it hot or less vinegar if you prefer it less tangy.
- Make sure you use a large baking tray so you’ve got enough space to smash the potatoes.
Chimichurri Smashed Potatoes
Chimichurri Smashed Potatoes 🇦🇷Posted by So Vegan on Thursday, 17 June 2021
Chimichurri Smashed PotatoesBen, So Vegan Golden and fluffy smashed potatoes topped with a tangy and spicy parsley dressing. This is heaven. Print This
- 1.2kg / 42.3oz new potatoes
- salt + pepper
- olive oil
- 1 large bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Add the potatoes to a pan of cold water. Bring the water to the boil then cook the potatoes for 15- 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Transfer the potatoes to a baking tray then smash with a potato masher and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 430°F. Season the potatoes with generous pinches of salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil, then roast for 30 – 40 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the chimichurri, add the parsley, garlic, red chilli, shallot, dried oregano, red wine vinegar and large pinches of salt and pepper to a mixing bowl, along with 6 tbsp of olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and drizzle the chimichurri all over. So delicious!