- We use extra virgin olive oil in the chimichurri, which makes the dressing slightly lighter and has a stronger olive flavour.
- Taste the chimichurri dressing as you go and the ingredients to your taste. Add more chilli if you like it hot or less vinegar if you prefer it less tangy.
- Make sure you use a large baking tray so you’ve got enough space to smash the potatoes.
Chimichurri Smashed Potatoes
Chimichurri Smashed Potatoes 🇦🇷Posted by So Vegan on Thursday, 17 June 2021
- 1.2kg / 42.3oz new potatoes
- salt + pepper
- olive oil
- 1 large bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Add the potatoes to a pan of cold water. Bring the water to the boil then cook the potatoes for 15- 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Transfer the potatoes to a baking tray then smash with a potato masher and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 430°F. Season the potatoes with generous pinches of salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil, then roast for 30 - 40 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the chimichurri, add the parsley, garlic, red chilli, shallot, dried oregano, red wine vinegar and large pinches of salt and pepper to a mixing bowl, along with 6 tbsp of olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and drizzle the chimichurri all over. So delicious!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!