- We’re obsessed with using fresh dill – partly due to Roxy’s Polish routes – but you can also use other herbs such as parsley, thyme and chives.
- Vegan butter is becoming readily available in UK supermarkets but you can also order it online. We use Flora Plant B+tter. Alternatively you could use a vegan margarine, however it won’t set in the fridge.
- You can also alter the amounts to your liking! More garlic, less lemon juice? The great thing about butter compounds is you can freestyle every time.
- 125g / 4.4oz vegan butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- salt + pepper
- Add the vegan better, garlic, dill, lemon zest and pinches of salt and pepper to a bowl and combine with a spatula.
- Cut a piece of baking paper approximately 25 x 15cm (10 x 6”) in size. Transfer the butter mixture to the middle of the baking paper, then fold the baking paper over the butter mixture and push it back on itself to create a log. Roll the butter mixture in the baking paper until smooth, then twist the edges to seal.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 89kcal / Protein 0.2g / Fat 9.9g / Sat Fat 5.9g / Carbs 0.2g / Sugar 0.1g / Fibre 0.1g
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!