This is one of those recipes that we turn to time and time again. It just never gets boring! This easy vegan alfredo is fuss-free, quick and so satisfying!
We sprinkle a generous amount of fresh mint over the pasta to give the dish a burst of freshness. This goes really well with the asparagus and peas, and the creamy cashew sauce.
Roxy & Ben
Easy Vegan AlfredoRoxy, So Vegan This is one of those recipes that we turn to time and time again. It just never gets boring! This easy vegan… Print This
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 200g tagliatelle pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 125g asparagus
- 90g (2/3cup) raw cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- oil for frying
- Transfer the cashews to a small bowl and soak with hot water, then set to one side.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and drizzle with a little oil. Once hot, add the onion and fry for 8 minutes, stirring frequently until they become golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Add the garlic, peas and asparagus to the frying pan and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Then drain the cashews and add them to a blender along with the milk, water, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, then pour into the frying pan and simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the frying pan. Then season to taste with another pinch of salt and stir to combine the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve with a generous sprinkling of mint.