For this gorgeous salad we use silken tofu to make a super smooth and creamy dressing. It’s also a great source of protein too!
- This recipe packs a considerable 21.6 of protein per serving thanks mostly to the tofu, chickpeas and quinoa.
- If you don’t have a blender, you can simply finely chop the garlic and stir all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- You can always throw extra veggies into this salad like roast sweet potatoes or grilled courgette.
- For a soy-free version you could use a plant-based yoghurt for the dressing instead of silken tofu.
- 1 x 400g (14.1oz) tin of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- salt + pepper
- olive oil
- 80g (2.8oz) quinoa
- 300ml (10.1fl.oz) vegetable stock
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 250g (8.8oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large handful of kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled + finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled + cubed
For the Ranch dressing:
- 300g (10.6oz) silken tofu
- 1 lemon, zest + juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil (we use extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small handful of fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven 200°C fan / 425°F.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a baking tray, season with pinches of salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to combine then roast for 20-25 minutes or until crispy.
- Next, add the quinoa to a small saucepan along with the vegetable stock and simmer with the lid off for around 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the Ranch dressing, add the silken tofu, lemon zest and juice, dijon mustard, olive oil and garlic cloves to a blender (see notes if you don't have a blender). Blend until smooth then transfer the dressing to a bowl and add the dill and parsley. Sir to combine.
- Add the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, kale, red onion and avocado to a large mixing bowl.
- Throw the cooked quinoa and roasted chickpeas into the mixing bowl. Then drizzle the ranch dressing all over the salad. Stir to combine and it’s all done.