For this gorgeous salad we use silken tofu to make a super smooth and creamy dressing. It’s also a great source of protein too!
- This recipe packs a considerable 21.6 of protein per serving thanks mostly to the tofu, chickpeas and quinoa.
- If you don’t have a blender, you can simply finely chop the garlic and stir all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- You can always throw extra veggies into this salad like roast sweet potatoes or grilled courgette.
- For a soy-free version you could use a plant-based yoghurt for the dressing instead of silken tofu.
- 1 x 400g (14.1oz) tin of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- salt + pepper
- olive oil
- 80g (2.8oz) quinoa
- 300ml (10.1fl.oz) vegetable stock
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 250g (8.8oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large handful of kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled + finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled + cubed
For the Ranch dressing:
- 300g (10.6oz) silken tofu
- 1 lemon, zest + juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil (we use extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small handful of fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven 200°C fan / 425°F.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a baking tray, season with pinches of salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to combine then roast for 20-25 minutes or until crispy.
- Next, add the quinoa to a small saucepan along with the vegetable stock and simmer with the lid off for around 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the Ranch dressing, add the silken tofu, lemon zest and juice, dijon mustard, olive oil and garlic cloves to a blender (see notes if you don't have a blender). Blend until smooth then transfer the dressing to a bowl and add the dill and parsley. Sir to combine.
- Add the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, kale, red onion and avocado to a large mixing bowl.
- Throw the cooked quinoa and roasted chickpeas into the mixing bowl. Then drizzle the ranch dressing all over the salad. Stir to combine and it’s all done.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!