This smoky, fresh, a simple dish is exactly the type of food we love to cook mid-week. By which we mean it’s quick, packed with healthy veggies, and totally delicious.
- Use gluten-free pasta to make this recipe gluten-free.
- If you’re cooking this recipe for meal-prep, we’d suggest not adding the avocado until you’re ready to serve. The pasta will last for 3-4 days in a fridge without the avocado.
- It’s important to give the pasta 5-10 minutes to sit in the dressing before serving. This will allow the veggies and pasta to absorb more flavour from the dressing.
- 300g (10.6oz) pasta, we use farfalle
- 1 x 400g (14.1oz) tin of black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 x 200g (7oz) tin of sweetcorn, drained + rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, diced (we use orange)
- 200g (7oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, peeled + finely chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 70g sliced jalapeño from a jar, chopped
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk, (we use oat milk)
- 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled + finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt + pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, then drain.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients, including the zest from one lime, the juice from both limes, and generous pinches of salt and pepper, in a bowl.
- Add all the remaining salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl, then add the cooked pasta. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine, and leave for 5-10 minutes before serving. Best eaten immediately (see notes if you’re cooking as a meal-prep).