You either love ’em or hate ’em.
But for as long as they taste as good as this one, we’ll be continuing our love affair with this super easy way of cooking.
And this one-pot vegan pasta alla norma is an absolute delight.
It’s comforting, slightly spicy and ever-so-slightly rich. It’s the quintessential speedy supper for the colder nights.
The vegan feta really brings the meal together.
The tangy-flavour of the cheese balances perfectly with the slightly sweet tomato sauce.
You should be able to find vegan feta in big supermarkets, alternatively it’ll be available in most health food stores.
You can also use any pasta you like.
We love the look of the rigatoni and the tubes soak up all that gorgeous sauce.
Oh, and btw, do you follow us on YouTube? Head over there and subscribe to find exclusive videos and recipes!
Hope you enjoy,
Roxy & Ben
One-Pot Pasta Alla Norma
One-Pot Pasta Alla Norma 🔥Posted by So Vegan on Thursday, 7 November 2019
- oil for frying
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 aubergines
- 2 x 400g / 14.1oz tinned plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp capers, plus 2 tbsp juice from the jar
- 400g / 14oz rigatoni
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 120g / 4.2oz vegan feta
- handful of basil
- Add a drizzle of oil to a saucepan on a medium heat. While the oil heats up, peel and dice the garlic cloves then add to the saucepan along with the chilli flakes. Fry for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cube the aubergines, then add them to the saucepan and fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tinned plum tomatoes, oregano, capers, caper juice, balsamic vinegar, generous pinches of salt and pepper, and the rigatoni to the saucepan, along with 400ml / 13.5 fl.oz hot water from the kettle. Stir through, then simmer on a low heat with the lid on for 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Stir every couple of minutes so the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Break up the vegan feta in your fingers or alternatively roughly slice it into small cubes. Then roughly chop up the basil.
- Remove the lid from the saucepan and stir in most of the feta and basil, leaving a little of each to decorate with later. Stir to combine.
- Divide the Alla Norma between 4 serving plates and finish with a sprinkling of feta and basil over each portion. Seriously yummy!
I made this just now and I’m still eating but I just needed to let you know IT IS SPECTACULAR!