Oh. My. Goodness. The temperature here in London has really dropped over the past couple of weeks.
But…as much as we might complain about the colder months, nothing shouts winter warmer louder than a bowl of delicious soup.
Yuuum. Step right forward our roast carrot and coriander bowl of deliciousness.
It’s a flavour combination that goes back as far as the dawn of time, so we’re told.
We also add ginger for that wonderful warmth and tang, as well as chilli flakes for a little heat.
Then we top our soup with a swirl of vegan single cream, a sprinkling of crispy onions (available at most supermarkets) and fresh coriander.
Oh, and btw, do you follow us on YouTube? Head over there and subscribe to find exclusive videos and recipes!
Hope you enjoy,
Roxy & Ben
Roast Carrot & Coriander Soup
Oh. My. Goodness. Our winter-warming Roast Carrot & Coriander Soup is seroiusly giving us the feels right now 🍲Posted by So Vegan on Wednesday, 20 November 2019
Roast Carrot & Coriander SoupBen, So Vegan Oh. My. Goodness. The temperature here in London has really dropped over the past couple of weeks. But…as much as we might… Print This
- 800g / 28oz carrots
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- thumb of ginger
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes, plus extra for decoration
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 litre / 34 fl.oz. vegetable stock
- 1 medium potato
- fresh coriander, plus extra for decoration
To serve (optional):
- dairy-free single cream
- crispy onions
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F fan assisted.
- Trim the tops and ends of the carrots, then cut them into quarters lengthways. Add to a large baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a saucepan on a medium heat. While the oil heats up, peel and dice the onion, then add to the saucepan and fry for 8 minutes.
- Peel and dice the garlic and ginger, then add them to the saucepan along with the ground coriander and chilli flakes. Fry everything for 2 minutes.
- Finely dice the potato and add it to the to saucepan along with the stock and 500ml / 17fl.oz. of hot water. Season to with a pinch of salt and paper, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for 8 – 10 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Add the roasted carrot to the saucepan along with a large handful of fresh coriander. Blend the soup either using a handheld blender or transfer to a worktop blender. Taste and, if necessary, season to taste with some extra salt and pepper.
- Serve in a bowl with a swirl of dairy-free single cream and a sprinkling of crispy onions, chilli flakes and fresh coriander leaves. Yaaas.