You might have noticed we’ve shared quite a few spicy recipes recently. Guilty as charged! We both have a huge passion for the delicious, fragrant spices of south Asia, so we’re constantly testing new recipes inspired by the region.
This quinoa curry burger really hits the spot. The spices give the burger a lovely warmth, while the quinoa and black beans pack in lots of protein and fiber.
We also found a useful trick: if you refrigerate the burgers for half an hour before frying, it should help all the ingredients stick together so you’ll be left with a more stable burger.
We make the burger sauce by mixing vegan mayonnaise with tomato ketchup. The sweetness from the sauce is the perfect compliment to the spicy burger.
Quinoa Curry Burger
- 1/2 cup raw quinoa
- 2 x 400 g (14.1 oz) tins of black beans
- 1 red onion diced
- handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- large thumb of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Add 1 cup of water to the quinoa and simmer in a small pan for 15 minutes, or until soft and no water remains.
- Meanwhile, drain, rinse, and dry the black beans. Then transfer to a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork until most of the beans have broken down, leaving some whole ones.
- Add the red onion, cilantro, chilies and salt to the mixing bowl.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the ginger, garlic, paprika, cumin and curry powder for a couple of minutes. Then transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to combine everything in the mixing bowl. Take a handful of the mixture and shape it into a burger. Repeat for the remaining 3 burgers.
- Chill the burgers in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers for 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve with layers of lettuce, tomato, vegan burger sauce, and slices of gherkin.
Just wondering if you have a recipe for the vegan burger sauce from the curry quinoa burger recipe? And if so, where to find it?
it says to mix vegan mayo and ketchup. 🙂
Yep we just mix vegan mayo with ketchup.
These are delicious! Just made some for our dinner tonight & serving with my creamy vegan curry cashew sauce. Soaked cashews, dates, lemon juice, curry powder, himalayan salt, a little bit of cayenne if you like it spicy! Blended with a little water.
I have checked your page and i’ve found some duplicate content, that’s why you don’t rank high
in google, but there is a tool that can help you to create 100% unique content,
search for: boorfe’s tips unlimited content