- Mincemeat, if you’re not familiar with it, is a mixture of dried fruits, nuts and spices, which is often stuffed inside pastry to make mince pies here in the UK.
- Traditionally it was made using animal fat, but nowadays many brands use vegetable fats, so it’s really easy to find vegan-friendly versions.
- Opt for soy free chocolate and margarine to make this recipe soy free.
3 Epic Christmas Party Recipes 🎄
Posted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 17 December 2019
5-Ingredient Mince Pie BrowniesBen, So Vegan These mine pie brownies are divine. They have the festive flavours we all love, combined with a gooey chocolate mixture. Print This
The 5 ingredients:
- 225g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 120g dairy-free margarine
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 300g mincemeat
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°C) fan-assisted and line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Add the dark chocolate and dairy-free margarine to a metal or glass bowl, then place the bowl over a saucepan containing 2cm (approx. 1 inch) of hot water and bring the water to a gentle simmer on a low heat (make sure the water level isn’t high enough so it’s contact with the bowl). Stir the chocolate and margarine occasionally. Once it has melted completely (this will take 3-5 minutes), remove the bowl from the heat.
- Add the sugar, self-raising flour and mincemeat to the bowl. Stir until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer the brownie mixture to the lined baking tin and use your fingers to level it out.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes.
- Don’t worry if it’s still a little moist in the middle. Leave the brownie to cool for 20 minutes so it hardens, then slice it into 9 squares and tuck in!