Mine pies remind us of our childhood. Ben’s Grandma would make them in huge batches, filling her home with the satisfying smell of Christmas.
Brownies, meanwhile, remind us of winter evenings spent indoors with our feet up in front of the TV, devouring these indulgent treats.
And we all know what happens when you combine two of your favourite things.
Mincemeat, if you’re not familiar with it, is a mixture of dried fruits, nuts and spices, which is often stuffed inside pastry to make mince pies here in the UK.
Traditionally it was made using animal fat, but nowadays many brands use vegetable fats, so it’s really easy to find vegan-friendly versions.
These mine pie brownies are divine. They have the festive flavours we all love, combined with a gooey chocolate mixture.
It’s difficult to put into words how much we love these things.
And they only take 5-ingredients. So simple.
If you’re a big fan of 5-ingredient recipes like this one, then you’ll love our debut cookbook So Vegan in 5, which includes over 100 super simple 5-ingredient recipes.
It’s available to pre-order right now on Amazon.
Roxy & Ben
3 Epic Christmas Party Recipes 🎄
Posted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 17 December 2019
5-Ingredient Mince Pie BrowniesBen, So Vegan Mine pies remind us of our childhood. Ben’s Grandma would make them in huge batches, filling her home with the satisfying smell… Print This
The 5 ingredients:
- 225g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 120g dairy-free margarine
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 300g mincemeat
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°C) fan-assisted and line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Add the dark chocolate and dairy-free margarine to a metal or glass bowl, then place the bowl over a saucepan containing 2cm (approx. 1 inch) of hot water and bring the water to a gentle simmer on a low heat (make sure the water level isn’t high enough so it’s contact with the bowl). Stir the chocolate and margarine occasionally. Once it has melted completely (this will take 3-5 minutes), remove the bowl from the heat.
- Add the sugar, self-raising flour and mincemeat to the bowl. Stir until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer the brownie mixture to the lined baking tin and use your fingers to level it out.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes.
- Don’t worry if it’s still a little moist in the middle. Leave the brownie to cool for 20 minutes so it hardens, then slice it into 9 squares and tuck in!