Spring is finally here. At last.
OK, technically we’re a few days away, but the sun is already out and the birds are chirping.
That means it’s finally time to add some new vibrant colours to our food.
Oh how we’ve missed that.
This super easy pasta uses the classic Spring-inspired flavour combo pea and mint.
It’s fresh, vibrant and wonderfully filling.
So what are the important things y’all need to know about this recipe?
- Walnuts aren’t essential here. You can use almost any nut you like; pine nuts, cashews and almonds would all work well.
- We prefer using unsweetened almond milk to avoid over ‘sweetening’ the sauce, but to be honest you could use any plant-based milk.
- You can also make this oil-free by subbing the extra virgin olive oil with equal amounts of pasta water.
Roxy & Ben
Super Green Spring Spaghetti
Super Green Spring Spaghetti. Otherwise known as health in a bowl 🥣Posted by So Vegan on Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Super Green Spring SpaghettiBen, So Vegan Spring is finally here. At last. OK, technically we’re a few days away, but the sun is already out and the birds… Print This
- 400g / 14.1oz spaghetti, or gluten-free option
- 300g / 10.6oz frozen peas
- 250g / 8.8oz spinach
- 1 bunch of fresh mint (30g / 1oz)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons
- 80g / 2.8oz walnuts
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 120ml / 5 fl.oz unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper
- vegan feta for serving (optional)
- Add the peas to a large mixing bowl and cover with hot water straight from the kettle. Leave them to one side to thaw while you carry out the next steps.
- Cook the spaghetti as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, pick the mint leaves off the stalks and add them to a food processor along with the spinach and thawed peas. Peel the cloves of garlic and add them to the food processor along with the juice from both of the lemons, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, almond milk and generous pinches of salt and pepper. Blitz until smooth then transfer the mixture to a saucepan on a low-medium heat and heat through for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti then add it to the pea mixture and stir through until evenly coated.
- Divide the spaghetti between 4 bowls and top with a crumbling of vegan feta over the top. So quick and delicious!