Chickpeas pack this recipe full of protein and fibre, while the tahini and cocoa combo makes for a rich, sweet and deliciously different dessert.
- This recipe works just as well as a dessert or a sweet snack. The cocoa and maple syrup overpower the earthy flavour from the chickpeas to create a really delicious dip.
- We love to serve with fresh strawberries but you can also serve with pretzels or biscuits.
- You can store this in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- 1 x 400 g (14.1 oz) tin of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 4 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra for topping
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp ice cold water
- 1 small handful of cacao nibs, optional
- salt, optional
- fresh strawberries, to serve
- Add the chickpeas, maple syrup, tahini, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- While it’s blending, pour in 2 tablespoons of the ice cold water and keep blending for 4-5 minutes or until the hummus reaches a super smooth consistency. Add more ice cold water if the hummus is too thick.
- Transfer the hummus to a plate or bowl and top with a drizzle of maple syrup, cacao nibs and a small pinch of salt.
- We love to serve with fresh strawberries.
We love to serve with fresh strawberries but you can also serve with pretzels or biscuits.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!