Chickpeas pack this recipe full of protein and fibre, while the tahini and cocoa combo makes for a rich, sweet and deliciously different dessert.
- This recipe works just as well as a dessert or a sweet snack. The cocoa and maple syrup overpower the earthy flavour from the chickpeas to create a really delicious dip.
- We love to serve with fresh strawberries but you can also serve with pretzels or biscuits.
- You can store this in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- 1 x 400 g (14.1 oz) tin of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 4 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra for topping
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp ice cold water
- 1 small handful of cacao nibs, optional
- salt, optional
- fresh strawberries, to serve
- Add the chickpeas, maple syrup, tahini, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- While it’s blending, pour in 2 tablespoons of the ice cold water and keep blending for 4-5 minutes or until the hummus reaches a super smooth consistency. Add more ice cold water if the hummus is too thick.
- Transfer the hummus to a plate or bowl and top with a drizzle of maple syrup, cacao nibs and a small pinch of salt.
- We love to serve with fresh strawberries.
We love to serve with fresh strawberries but you can also serve with pretzels or biscuits.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!
Hello Roxy! (And Ben!)
I have finally got round to checking out your awesome website and am so excited to try some of your recipes once I get home from our holiday!
Good luck with the book!! X Ⓜ️
Thanks Marianna! Hope you enjoy the recipes!
This shit was dope
I have one daughter who shares my love for hummus and the other doesn’t but she does love chocolate!!!! I will definitely be testing this out on my 3 and 5 yr old ginea pigs
Thanks for some other informative blog. The place else could I am getting that kind of information written in such a perfect method?
I have a project that I’m simply now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.
I just made this. I love it and added almond milk because otherwise it wouldn’t process. It is a bit grainy because of the cocoa powder so my kiddos don’t like the texture. Otherwise they approved of the flavor. I am eating on toast with banana or strawberries.
Just sas this reposted on @vefanaf Instagram yesterday. Made it this morning, yummy on our toast for breakfast. Thank you!!!!
Will check out more of your recipes and following you in Instagram.
Thank you Alicia!
Just made this and I could just spoon it from the bowl; it’s delish!!
How long can this keep in the fridge in a container? Looks delish!
nvm I see it there! 🙂
Just viewed your choco-hummus video first thing this morning
and let me tell you – it woke me wide awake:
I;ve been finding can’t normally eat sweet things anymore besides fruit, but this creation
just might solve the sweet things dilemma.
The nutritious, protein base will help to prevent blood-sugar spiking
if enjoyed in a small portion.
So I’m looking forward to shopping for the needed items today! And of course, whipping up
this tempting treat this evening.
Yikes, huge spelling error – no way to correct on this page…………….anway, thank you for another amazing recipe idea, this one is a godsend.