This recipe calls for mushrooms, leeks and carrots, which we combine together with stock and seasoning before adding the pastry lid.
2 large leeks sliced
500g (17.7oz) mushrooms quartered
salt + pepper
2 cloves garlic diced
2 tsp mixed herbs
200ml (6.8 fl.oz) veg stock
1/4 cup soya cream
1 large carrot diced
1 cup frozen peas
2 tbsp plain flour
350g (12.3oz) puff pastry or shortcrust pastry (suitable for vegans)
1 Preheat oven to 200°C fan / 425°F.
2. Heat a little oil in a pan, when hot fry the leek and mushrooms with pinches of salt and pepper for 8-10 minutes.
3. Add in the garlic and mixed herbs, and fry for a further minute.
4. Pour in the stock, soya cream, carrot and peas, and simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the flour.
5. Take the pan off the heat and lay the pastry on top, cutting around the edges of the pan and pushing them against the outside.
6. Brush the pie lid with plant-based milk and pierce a few times with a fork.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. We serve our pie with mashed potato and broccoli.
Very nice. I’ll make this tonight.
I have been vegan only about 9 months now, so I am still new.
I love all your recipes. They make the journey a little easier.
Just when I don’t know what I’m going to do about dinner, one of your recipes will show up and save me!
Thanks Terry! Let us know what you think of the recipe (Roxy, So Vegan)
Just found your website. Love it! However would it be possible to give us the American measurements
alongside the metric one? Pretty time consuming to always have to convert it.
Wait… too time consuming for you to convert but you expect the person writing the recipe to do it?
Yes, most recipe sites are American so now you know how everyone else feels constantly having to convert!
Would this be doable to make beforehand only to put it in the oven a couple of hours later? Looks delicious!!!
How many does this serve?