- You can use any kind of jam you like!
- Opt for a soy free margarine to make this recipe soy-free.
Makes 6 biscuits.
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup vegan icing sugar (plus more for decorating)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup plain flour
12 tbsps raspberry jam
Note: organic icing sugar is usually vegan but make sure you check the label.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine margarine and sugar until light and fluffy, then stir in the vanilla.
3. Slowly add the flour and mix together.
4. Shape the dough into a ball, wrap with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Remove dough from the fridge, discard the cling film and place on well floured surface, then roll using a well-floured rolling pin until the dough is just under half a centimetre thick.
6. Using a large heart cutter, cut out as many hearts as possible and gently place each one on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
7. Using a smaller heart cutter, cut out hearts from the middle of half the large hearts to create the top layer of the biscuits. Reuse the smaller heart dough, adding it to the leftover dough and rolling it out again to create more large hearts. Flour the surface each time you roll out the dough.
8. Continue steps 4 and 5 until you have used all the dough. We usually have enough to create 6 base layers and 6 top layers.
9. Bake all the large hearts for 10-12 minutes, until the biscuits are just about to brown.
10. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
11. Dust the top hearts with icing sugar and spoon 1-2 teaspoons of raspberry jam onto each base heart.
12. Assemble the jammy biscuit heart by placing one top heart on top of a base heart and repeating for each biscuit.