It doesn’t get much easier than this roasted tomato & basil pasta.
Throw everything into a dish, leave it to cook in the oven while you prepare the pasta, then throw it together with more tasty ingredients.
This is exactly how we love to cook.
Simple flavour combinations, winning results!
And don’t forget, if you love this, then you’ll totally love our debut 5-ingredient cookbook So Vegan in 5, which is available to buy right now.
- 1kg cherry tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 320g pasta
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g black olives (i.e. Kalamata)
- small handful of fresh basil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- a few handfuls of rocket
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan / 400F.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic (skins on) and rosemary to a large baking dish. Season generously with salt and pepper, and drizzle over a small splash of olive oil. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Roughly 15 minutes before the tomatoes are ready, cook the pasta as per the packet instructions in salted boiling water, then drain.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven, and carefully remove the garlic cloves and rosemary, leaving them to one side. Then use the back of a fork to crush half of the tomatoes so the juices ooze out into the dish.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts for 2-3 minutes in a pan over a medium-high heat until golden brown.
- When the garlic has cooled enough to handle, remove the skins and dice the cloves. Then slice the olives in half.
Add the diced garlic, olives, balsamic vinegar and pine nuts to the baking dish with the tomatoes. Give everything a good stir, then add the drained pasta and simply tear the basil leaves on top. Give everything another stir.
- Serve the pasta in bowls and top with a small handful of rocket, freshly ground black pepper and a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- So simple!