Our love affair with sweet potatoes continues. Yaaas.
These fully loaded sweet potatoes are a total delight.
They’re filling, nutritious and delicious. We’ve tried to keep things as simple as possible, while bringing maximum flavour to the table.
For the black bean mixture we use tried-and-tested spices to add a lovely warmth to the sweet potatoes.
These balance super well with the creamy guacamole and homemade cashew sour cream.
There’s a lot to get excited about!
We also use Flora Original to make the buttery sweet potato mash. You can find out more about their 100% plant-based range here.
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Big love, Roxy & Ben
This recipe is supported by Flora
Fully Loaded Sweet Potatoes 😋
Posted by So Vegan on Thursday, 13 June 2019
Fully Loaded Sweet PotatoesRoxy, So Vegan Our love affair with sweet potatoes continues. Yaaas. These fully loaded sweet potatoes are a total delight. They’re filling, nutritious and delicious.… Print This
For the sweet potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Flora Original
- salt & pepper
For the cashew sour cream:
- 70g / 2.5oz cashews
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 80ml / 2.7 fl.oz plant-based milk
For the black beans:
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 x 400g / 14oz tinned black beans
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- Flora Original for frying
For the guacamole:
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 limes
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- handful coriander leaves, plus extra for serving
- 1 green chilli
To serve (optional)
- red onion
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F fan assisted.
- Rinse and pat dry the sweet potatoes. Pierce each potato a few times with a fork and bake on a baking tray for 50 minutes. Then remove the tray from the oven, add the garlic cloves (skin on) to the tray, and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer the cashews to a small bowl and soak with hot water straight from a kettle. Set to one side while you carry out the next steps.
- To prepare the guacamole, scoop out the flesh of the avocados and add it to a mixing bowl, along with the juice of both the limes, extra virgin olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until no lumps remain. Roughly chop the coriander leaves and dice the green chilli (remove the seeds as you go), and stir both into the guacamole.
- To prepare the black beans, add roughly a tbsp of Flora Original to a frying pan on a medium heat. Peel and finely dice the red onion, add it to the frying pan and fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Peel and dice the garlic cloves, drain and rinse the black beans, and add both to the frying pan, along with the cumin, smoked paprika, chilli powder, a pinch of salt and 8 tbsp of water. Fry for a further 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- To make the sour cream, drain the cashews and add them to a blender, along with the remaining sour cream ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Once the sweet potatoes have finished baking (if they’re still not soft, return them to the oven for another 5-10 minutes), cut them in half, spoon out most of the flesh from each half and add to a mixing bowl, along with the Flora Original and pinches of salt and pepper. Then peel and dice the roasted garlic from earlier, and add it to the mixing bowl. Mash the potato mixture until smooth.
- Place the potato halves on serving plates, then spoon the mash potato mixture back in. Add a couple of tablespoons of guacamole on top, followed by the bean mixture.
- To serve, finely chop the tomato and red onion, and sprinkle on top along with a few leaves of coriander. Serve alongside the sour cream. Delicious!