- Make sure you use a full fat tin of coconut milk to ensure the truffles set.
- If the water and cream have separated in the tin, stir to combine before measuring.
Makes roughly 13 truffles.
300g vegan-friendly dark chocolate, roughly broken up (we use 70% cocoa content)
150ml full-fat coconut milk from a tin
3 tbsp rum
1 tbsp orange zest
1 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp cocoa powder
Rum & Orange Chocolate Truffles
– Full recipe http://bit.ly/2fWIzNT
Posted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 22 November 2016
1. Add the chocolate to a mixing bowl.
2. Next, pour the coconut milk into a small pan on a low heat.
3. Once the coconut milk is hot and about to boil, remove the pan from the heat and pour the milk over the chocolate. Gently stir until the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
4. Add a pinch of salt, the rum, orange zest and orange juice to the chocolate and mix together until everything is combined.
5. Leave the chocolate to cool at room temperature, then place in a fridge for minimum of two hours or until set.
6. Next, using your hands, scoop out a small handful of the truffle mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat 12 more times so you have 13 truffles.
7. To finish, transfer the cocoa powder to a small bowl or plate and roll each truffle in the powder.