Makes 2 apple turnover twists.
1 tbsp vegan margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar (plus extra for decoration)
1 tbsp lemon
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 sheets of puff pastry (300g per sheet)
2 tbsp almond milk
Apple Turnover Twist
– Full recipe http://bit.ly/2fAMrHh
Posted by So Vegan on Wednesday, 9 November 2016
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Peel and deseed the apples, then finely dice.
3. Place a small pan on a medium heat and melt the margarine.
4. Add the apples, sugar, lemon, and cinnamon to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the cornstarch and cook for a further minute.
5. Turn out the two sheets of pastry and place one sheet on top of the other. Place a small place upside down on top of the pastry and cut around it using a sharp knife to create two circles of pastry. Discard the excess pastry.
6. Remove the top sheets of pastry from both circles. Distribute the apple mixture evenly onto both bottom circles of pastry and leaving a 1cm border around the edge. Brush along the edge with almond milk.
7. Place the top circles of pastry onto the apple mixture and press down with fingers to seal the edges.
8. Place a small cup or glass (2-3cm in diameter) in the middle of the first pastry circle and use a sharp knife to cut the turnover into 8 slices. Then take each slice and twist it in the same direction as the last. Repeat this step for the second turnover.
9. Remove the cup or glass and brush both turnovers with almond milk.
10. Place the turnovers on parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
11. Remove from oven, leave to cool and enjoy.