Makes 10 rolls.
1/2 red pepper, 1/2 cucumber, 1/6 red cabbage julienned
25g vermicelli rice noodles
Bunch of fresh coriander
Bunch of fresh mint
10 sheets of rice paper
For the marinade sauce…
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup tamari
1 tbsp paprika
1 garlic clove
1 tsp ginger
For the peanut dipping sauce…
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp marinade sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp water
1. Press the tofu to remove excess moisture, then cut into thin slices.
2. Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour mixture over the tofu slices. Set aside to marinade for 1-2 hours.
3. Julienne the pepper, cucumber, and red cabbage, and cook the vermicelli rice noodles as per package instructions.
4. Once tofu is finished marinating, fry the slices in a pan over a medium-high heat for 6 minutes on each side.
5. Prepare the peanut dipping sauce by adding all ingredients into a bowl and mix until sauce is smooth.
6. Pour hot water into a deep dish and submerge a sheet of rice paper in the water for 10-15 seconds, moving around gently with a wooden spoon. Remove the rice paper from the dish and lay flat on a chopping board.
7. To prepare the summer rolls, first add a generous amount of coriander and 2-3 mint leaves, then lay some cucumber and red pepper either side of the herbs. Place the noodles on top, followed by the tofu, and the red cabbage.
8. Fold in the each side of the rice paper over the filling. Start rolling from the edge closest to you, pushing in the ingredients with your fingers to ensure a tight roll.
9. Repeat steps 6 to 8 for the remaining rolls, adding in more hot water as needed to submerge the rice paper in.
10. Enjoy with peanut dipping sauce!