1 large baguette
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 tsp each salt & pepper
1/2 tsp chili flakes
150g vegan cheese
Homemade ketchup (see recipe below)
1 spring onion
Olive oil for frying
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cut baguette in half and then slice each half horizontally through the middle to create 4 pizza bases.
3. Remove some of the inside of each pizza base to make room for the filling.
4. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Once hot add the onions and cook until tender. Then add mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes. Finally add the rosemary, chilli flakes and salt & pepper, then fry for another 5 minutes.
5. Spoon a quarter of the mushroom topping into each base and cover with grated cheese.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
7. Squeeze homemade ketchup on each baguette and top with chopped spring onion.
Homemade ketchup recipe
1 cup tomatoes
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp soy sauce
1. Add all ingredients to a pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Blend in a food processor until smooth.
I am struggling to find a tasty alternative to cheese, may I ask what cheese you used for this amazing recipe?
Hi Georgina, we used violife for this recipes. All the best, Roxy
[…] Zapiekanka (Polish Baguette Pizzas) by So Vegan […]
otwarty chleb jest zachwycające jedzenie z ulicy