This is one of our go-to meals after a busy day in the So Vegan HQ. It takes almost no time at all, and it simply never gets boring.
- You can use any pasta you like. And if you want to make this recipe gluten-free just opt for a gluten-free pasta.
- This pasta is a great meal prep option. Simply refrigerate it for up to 3 days and take it with you in an air tight container.
- salt + pepper
- 200g / 7.1oz pasta (we use cavatappi)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 red onion
- 1 large cucumber
- 300g / 10.6oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 400g / 14oz tin chickpeas
- a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley (30g / 1oz)
- 80g / 2.8oz pitted black olives
For the dressing:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, transfer the sunflower seeds to a pan on a medium heat and toast them for 3-5 minutes or until the seeds start to crackle.
- Peel and thinly slice the red onion, dice the cucumber, half the cherry tomatoes, drain and rinse the chickpeas, finely chop the parsley (remove any large stalks), then halve the olives. Add all these ingredients to a mixing bowl, along with the toasted sunflower seeds.
- For the dressing, peel and finely dice the garlic and add it to a small mixing bowl along with the juice from the lemon, the remaining dressing ingredients and big pinches of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta, run cold water through it until it has cooled, then transfer the pasta to the mixing bowl and pour the dressing on top. Stir until well combined.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!