Quick. Easy. Tasty. This 5-ingredient creamy mushroom pasta is exactly our kind of food.
5-ingredient cooking can be tricky because there’s simply no room to hide. Every ingredient needs to bring something to the table and in this past we’ve found the perfect balance of flavours!
Be generous with the seasoning. We serve our pasta with some extra freshly ground black pepper for that additional kick, which is subtle, but makes all the difference.
The toasted cashews are optional for serving, but they bring a lovely crunch.
And if you’re a big fan of 5-ingredient recipes like this one, then you’ll love our debut cookbook So Vegan in 5, which includes over 100 super simple 5-ingredient recipes.
It’s available to pre-order right now on Amazon.
Roxy & Ben
5-Ingredient Creamy Mushroom Pasta!
Full recipe: sovegan.co/creamypasta
Posted by So Vegan on Friday, 30 November 2018
5-Ingredient Creamy Mushroom PastaBen, So Vegan Quick. Easy. Tasty. This 5-ingredient creamy mushroom pasta is exactly our kind of food. 5-ingredient cooking can be tricky because there’s simply… Print This
The 5 ingredients:
- 180g (6.3oz) pasta (linguine or pappardelle)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 20g (1/2 cup) nutritional yeast
- 100g (2/3 cup) cashews, plus a small handful for toasting
- 250g (9oz) mushrooms
The cupboard essentials:
- olive oil
- extra virgin olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- Transfer the cashews to a bowl and cover them in hot water from a kettle. Leave them to one side to soak while you whizz through the next steps.
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions, making sure you save the pasta water for later.
- Add a small drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan on a medium heat. Slice the mushrooms roughly 5mm thick (approx ⅓ inch), then add them to the pan and fry for 8 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice the garlic, add them to the pan and fry for 3 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Meanwhile, toast a small handful of cashews in separate frying pan on a medium heat. They’ll take 3-5 minutes to turn a lovely golden brown.
- Drain the pasta, saving the pasta water in a bowl below.
- Add the 100g (2/3 cup) of cashews to a blender, along with the nutritional yeast, 250ml (1 cup) of pasta water, ½ tsp of apple cider vinegar and generous pinches of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, then taste and add extra seasoning if necessary.
- Pour the creamy sauce over the mushrooms, then add the drained pasta and stir to combine everything in the sauce.
- Serve with a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and the toasted cashews.