Homemade garlic bread is a serious treat.
In this recipe we give this delightful snack the festive treatment.
Say hello to our Christmas Tree Garlic Bread Sharer.
Fluffy bread balls, brushed with a vegan garlic butter and shaped as a tree.
And it only requires 5 ingredients!
What an amazing world we live in.
Christmas Tree Garlic Bread Sharer 🎄
Full recipe: sovegan.co/xmastree
Posted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 4 December 2018
Christmas Tree Garlic Bread SharerRoxy, So Vegan Homemade garlic bread is a serious treat. In this recipe we give this delightful snack the festive treatment. Say hello to our… Print This
The 5 ingredients:
- 500g (17.6oz) strong white bread flour
- 1/2 tbsp fast action yeast
- 3 tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- 6 garlic cloves
- large handful of parsley
The cupboard essentials:
- olive oil
- Add the flour, yeast and a pinch of salt to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the middle, then pour in 3 tbsp of olive oil and 300ml (10 fl.oz) of tepid water, and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the dough to a well-floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, then place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp tea towel to prove for an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Uncover the dough, then lightly punch it a few times to remove the air bubbles. Then tear off a small piece of dough (roughly 35g (1.2oz) in weight), roll it into a ball and place it in the middle and at the top of a large lined baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough, forming a tree shape as you place the dough balls onto the tray.
- Cover the Christmas tree with the damp tea towel and leave it to prove for a further 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F fan-assisted.
- Brush the Christmas Tree with olive oil, then bake it in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the margarine with 1 tbsp of olive oil in a small pan on a medium heat. Finely grate the garlic, then add it to the margarine mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the Christmas Tree from the oven and transfer it to a serving plate or board. Brush with the garlic margarine, then top with a generous sprinkling of salt.
- Roughly chop the parsley, discarding the stalks, and sprinkle it all over the tree. Et voila! Christmas is here!