Beautifully charred Tenderstem broccoli and homemade paprika croutons give this classic salad its wonderfully smokey and earthy flavour.
- Simply use gluten-free bread if you want to make this recipe gluten-free.
- If you can’t find Tendestrem broccoli, you can simply use regular broccoli. Just be sure to slice any large florets in half so they cook evenly.
- Vegan parmesan is becoming a lot easier to find in large supermarkets. If you can’t find vegan parmesan, you could use an alternative vegan cheese or nutritional yeast.
- 200g (7oz) bread
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 200g (7oz) Tenderstem broccoli
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 garlic clove, peeled + finely chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 40g (1.4oz) vegan parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan / 425°F.
- Slice the bread into 2-3cm (1”) pieces and add to a tray. Drizzle over a splash of olive oil, then add a pinch of salt and pepper and the smoked paprika. Mix, then bake for 12-15 minutes or until the croutons are crispy.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a griddle pan on a medium heat. Slice any tough ends off the broccoli stalks, then add them to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes or until charred, turning occasionally.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and mustard in a small bowl, then leave to one side.
- Add the lettuce to a large mixing bowl, followed by the capers and most of the vegan parmesan (save some for topping). Next add the dressing, followed by the croutons and broccoli.
- Give everything a good mix and season to taste with more salt and pepper if necessary, then serve with the remaining vegan parmesan on top.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!