- You could sub the cherry jam and fresh cherries for raspberry jam and fresh raspberries for a cheaper alternative.
- Opt for soy-free margarine and milk to make this recipe soy-free.
Super easy Cherry Bakewell Blondies 😋
Love this? Then you’ll also love our cookbook So Vegan in 5: sovegan.co/cookbook
Posted by So Vegan on Wednesday, 10 July 2019
- 120g / 4.2oz light brown sugar
- 200g / 7oz ground almonds
- 100g / 3.5oz plain flour
- 50g / 1.7oz margarine
- 50g / 1.7oz almond butter
- 3/4 cup oat milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 tsp cherry jam (or sub for raspberry jam)
- large handful of almond flakes
- large handful of cherries (or sub for raspberries)
- 1/2 tsp icing sugar
To serve (optional)
- vegan ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F fan-assisted and line the base and sides of a square 7-inch baking tin with baking paper.
- Add all the blondie ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour half the blondie mixture into the baking tin and smooth it out. Then evenly distribute 9 tsp of cherry jam over the blondie mixture. Pour the remaining blondie mixture into the tin and spread it out evenly. Top with almond flakes, then slice the cherries in half, remove the stones and use the cherry halves to decorate. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the blondie from the oven and leave to cool for ten minutes. Then remove the blondie from the tin and dust with a little icing and cut into 9 equal squares.
- For extra indulgence, serve with scoop of vegan ice cream while the blondies are still warm. Yum!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!
Hi! Thank you for this amazing recipe!!
Can I use coconut sugar instead of light brown sugar? And can I use gluten free flour instead of plain flour? 🙂
HI Ieva, we haven’t tried with either of these substitutes but I think it should work out fine. Let us know how it goes. Roxy x
Hi I want to make these plain so I can add salted caramel. Do I sub the ground almond for flour. X
Blondies (and brownies) are some of my favorite snacks. So indulgent and so versatile these days how you can make them with beans and sweet potatoes and so many different healthier things. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Hi Bethany, thanks for the support! So glad you are enjoying the recipe 🙂 Best, Roxy
Made these today. They taste lovely. Need to make an eggless recipe for my nephew as he’s allergic.
Stumbled across your amazing website the other day looking for a vegan almondy cherry cake to use up some ground almonds- made these blondies using your recipe and they came out perfect!! They were soooo tasty and feels kind of healthy-ishh (as much as cake can be haha). I am a lover of any recipe that says ‘add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix’ – so quick and easy to make but for such minimum effort the result is one of my favourite cakes I’ve ever made thanks to your recipe! Thank you so much!
is there any way of making these without a food processor? would it work to just mix them all by hand? 🙂
Yes I used an electric hand mixer and turned out great, it’s a nice simple recipe