We love the expression ‘eat the rainbow’.
The theory is different colours of veggies often contain different nutrients.
So creating a delicious rainbow power bowl like this one is a really simple and delicious way to introduce lots of important nutrients into your diet.
It also makes it so much easier to follow a healthier lifestyle.
This power bowl has it all. Lots of nutritious raw veggies combined with some friend pak choi and mange tout.
We also throw in a few of our favourite Asian flavours to add a lovely twist to the dish.
Oh, and don’t forget, if you love this, then you’ll totally love our debut 5-ingredient cookbook So Vegan in 5, which is available to buy right now.
New recipe! Here's our super simple Rainbow Power Bowl 🌈
Get tasty recipes just like this one in our cookbook So Vegan in 5: sovegan.co/cookbook
Posted by So Vegan on Saturday, 13 July 2019
Rainbow Power BowlRoxy, So Vegan We love the expression ‘eat the rainbow’. The theory is different colours of veggies often contain different nutrients. So creating a delicious… Print This
For the fried veggies:
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g / 3.5oz mange tout
- 2 pak choi
- 2 garlic cloves
- thumb ginger
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 100g / 3.5oz wholewheat noodles
- 1 x 400g / 14oz tin black beans
- 100g / 3.5oz red cabbage
- 1/2 medium carrot
- 2 spring onions
- large handful cherry tomatoes
- pumpkin seeds
- sesame seeds
- red chilli flakes
- Cook the wholewheat noodles as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the veggies start by adding the sesame oil, soy sauce, and maple syrup to a frying pan on a medium heat. Then cut the pak choi in half and peel and dice the garlic and ginger. Add everything to the frying pan and cook with the lid on for 5 minutes, turning half way.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a small bowl along with 2 tbsp of water and stir until smooth and fairly runny. Note: depending on what tahini you use, you may need to add more or less water to get to the right consistency.
- Prep the remaining ingredients; drain and rinse the black beans, thinly slice the red cabbage, carrot, spring onion and quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- To serve, divide the noodles into 2 bowls, then place the fried veggies and all the other ingredients around the bowl. Finally finish with a couple of dollops of the tahini dressing and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and red chilli flakes.