We love the expression ‘eat the rainbow’.
The theory is different colours of veggies often contain different nutrients.
So creating a delicious rainbow power bowl like this one is a really simple and delicious way to introduce lots of important nutrients into your diet.
It also makes it so much easier to follow a healthier lifestyle.
This power bowl has it all. Lots of nutritious raw veggies combined with some friend pak choi and mange tout.
We also throw in a few of our favourite Asian flavours to add a lovely twist to the dish.
Oh, and don’t forget, if you love this, then you’ll totally love our debut 5-ingredient cookbook So Vegan in 5, which is available to buy right now.
New recipe! Here's our super simple Rainbow Power Bowl 🌈
Get tasty recipes just like this one in our cookbook So Vegan in 5: sovegan.co/cookbook
Posted by So Vegan on Saturday, 13 July 2019
For the fried veggies:
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g / 3.5oz mange tout
- 2 pak choi
- 2 garlic cloves
- thumb ginger
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 100g / 3.5oz wholewheat noodles
- 1 x 400g / 14oz tin black beans
- 100g / 3.5oz red cabbage
- 1/2 medium carrot
- 2 spring onions
- large handful cherry tomatoes
- pumpkin seeds
- sesame seeds
- red chilli flakes
- Cook the wholewheat noodles as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the veggies start by adding the sesame oil, soy sauce, and maple syrup to a frying pan on a medium heat. Then cut the pak choi in half and peel and dice the garlic and ginger. Add everything to the frying pan and cook with the lid on for 5 minutes, turning half way.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a small bowl along with 2 tbsp of water and stir until smooth and fairly runny. Note: depending on what tahini you use, you may need to add more or less water to get to the right consistency.
- Prep the remaining ingredients; drain and rinse the black beans, thinly slice the red cabbage, carrot, spring onion and quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- To serve, divide the noodles into 2 bowls, then place the fried veggies and all the other ingredients around the bowl. Finally finish with a couple of dollops of the tahini dressing and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and red chilli flakes.