- You can substitute the cherries for another fruit such as blueberries or raspberries.
- These are a great meal-prep recipe. You can make them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge, then snack on them when you’re feeling hungry!
- We use fresh cherries, but you can also use frozen cherries if you already have them in your freezer.
- Cashew nuts work perfectly in this recipe, but you can substitute these for almonds or walnuts.
- Store in an airtight container and in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Make sure the chocolate you use is soy-free to make this a soy free recipe.
- 1.5 cups cashews
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 6 fresh cherries, stalks removed + pitted
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 30 g (1.1 oz) dark chocolate, 70%
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for decoration
- Place cashews, dates, cherries, cocoa powder, coconut oil, chocolate and desiccated coconut in a food processor and process until combined.
- Transfer the energy ball mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Then roll the mixture into 10 balls.
- Transfer a little desiccated coconut into a small bowl and roll one ball at a time in the coconut until fully coated.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!