- You can substitute the cherries for another fruit such as blueberries or raspberries.
- These are a great meal-prep recipe. You can make them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge, then snack on them when you’re feeling hungry!
- We use fresh cherries, but you can also use frozen cherries if you already have them in your freezer.
- Cashew nuts work perfectly in this recipe, but you can substitute these for almonds or walnuts.
- Store in an airtight container and in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Make sure the chocolate you use is soy-free to make this a soy free recipe.
Makes 10 energy balls.
1 cup cashews
4 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp coconut oil
30g dark chocolate (suitable for vegans)
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1. Prepare ingredients by pitting the dates and cherries.
2. Place cashews, dates, cherries, cocoa powder, coconut oil and chocolate in a food processor and blitz until all ingredients have broken down and are combined.
3. Carefully remove the blade from the food processor container and place mix into a fridge for 10 minutes.
4. Remove mix from the fridge and mould into 10 balls.
5. Transfer the desiccated coconut into a small bowl. Place one ball into the bowl at a time and roll around until it is coated in the coconut.
6. Eat immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. These will last for a week in the fridge in an air-tight container.