We usually turn to this recipe after we’ve had a long, tiring day and we’re looking for a really quick, simple and tasty meal. The trick is using homemade pesto, which is super easy and will last for a few days in the fridge.
You can also experiment with different vegetables, but we enjoy the sweetness from the tomatoes and peppers, while the peas add some lovely colour to the dish.
Follow our simple recipe for vegan pesto here.
Easy Pesto Pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 150 g dry pasta
- 1/2 cup soya cream
- 2 tbsp vegan pesto, (link for recipe below)
- 50 g vegan cheese, (for grating)
- coconut oil, (for frying)
- If you want to make your own pesto, follow our simple recipe (link below).
- Prepare the vegetables by slicing the tomatoes in half and slicing the red pepper into strips.
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on a medium to high heat. Add the tomatoes and the pepper, and fry for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the frozen peas to the frying pan and continue to fry everything for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to the packet’s instructions.
- Add the soya cream and 2 tbsp of pesto to the frying pan, and cook for a further minute. Stir until everything is combined.
- Drain the pasta and add to the frying pan.
- We recommend serving with grated vegan cheese.