That’s right…we’ve made a lava cake!
The best bit is there’ll be more than enough to go around so you can share this epic lava cake with all your friends (if you’re feeling generous).
This recipe combines two of our guilty pleasures: peanut butter and chocolate.
For simplicity, we use vegan-friendly chocolate chips to make the sauce, which you can find at most local supermarkets.
Who knew vegan food could be so indulgent? Enjoy!
Epic Peanut Butter + Chocolate Lava Cake
For the cake
- 200 g (7 oz) vegan butter, plus a little extra for greasing
- 200 g (7 oz) white sugar
- 200 g (7 oz) plain flour
- 80 g (2.8 oz) cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1 x 400 g (14.1 oz) tin of chickpeas, aquafaba only
For the chocolate sauce
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, suitable for vegans
For the peanut sauce
- 200 ml (6.8 fl.oz) plant-based milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan / 400°F. Generously grease the baking tin with vegan butter and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together for a few minutes with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the mixing bowl, then add the salt and baking powder.
- Next, strain the chickpeas and capture the aquafaba (juice) in a separate bowl. Then add the aquafaba, milk and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl, and mix with the other cake ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the cake mix into a bundt tin, making sure the mix is evenly distributed in the tin. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven and leave it to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lava by mixing together the peanut butter sauce (add more milk if the mix is too thick). Then heat the chocolate sauce ingredients on a low heat until fully melted.
- Turn out the cake and pour the peanut butter sauce over the top, drizzling over the sides and filling the hole in the centre. Repeat with the chocolate sauce.
You will also need a bundt cake tin.
[…] Chocolate and peanut butter lava cake beta.wearesovegan.com/epic-peanut-butter-chocolate-lava-cake/ […]