Have you heard about Mindful Chef?
When we first discovered their awesome vegan range, we were blown away. We decided we had to get in touch to find out if we could recreate one of their amazing recipes ourselves.
They recommended we try this delicious teriyaki baby aubergines and edamame quinoa. Fresh, tasty and packed with goodness, this recipe is a real show stopper!
Mindful Chef make healthy eating easy, with all the ingredients you need for delicious meals delivered right to your door.
Teriyaki Aubergines + Edamame Quinoa by Mindful Chef
- 1 lime
- 1 pak choi
- 1 red chili
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 210 g edamame beans, (drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 baby aubergines
- 4 cm fresh ginger
- 80 g kale
- 80 g quiona
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Roughly chop the kale and slice the end off the pak choi to separate the leaves. Slice the baby aubergines in half lengthways.
- To make the teriyaki sauce; peel and grate the ginger and garlic. Place in a bowl with the maple syrup, tamari and the juice from the lime.
- Drain and rinse the edamame beans. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water. Simmer for 10 mins, then add the edamame beans and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Drizzle the pak choi leaves with 1/2 tbsp oil. Preheat a griddle pan to a medium heat and cook the pak choi for 2-3 mins until wilted. Remove and keep warm. Then drizzle 1 tbsp oil over the aubergine halves and add to the same pan on a medium heat for 10 mins, turning occasionally until softened and slightly charred. In the final 2 mins, brush the aubergines with half of the teriyaki sauce.
- Meanwhile, place the kale on a baking tray, drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and place in the oven for 5-10 mins, until turning golden and crispy.
- Finely slice the red chilli. Drain the quinoa and beans and mix in the crispy kale, pak choi and remaining teriyaki sauce.
- Spoon the edamame quinoa onto two warm plates, top with the chargrilled aubergines and sprinkle over the red chili slices..