Team one-pot stand up!
Are we slightly too obsessed with one-pot meals? Yes.
They’re super quick to prepare and they leave you with less washing up. What’s not to love?
So we didn’t hang about when the very fine people at The Old Vic theatre got in touch and said “Stop what you’re doing! You have to pop-down to try our plant-powered one-pot mac-n-cheese!”
Ok, to be fair they said it a lot more politely than that.
This mac-n-cheese is seeeeeriously tasty and we were actually shocked when they explained how easy it is to cook!
We also somehow managed to convince them to share the recipe and here it is in all its glory.
The recipe uses vegan cheese and unsweetened almond milk to deliver a lovely creaminess.
The sriracha gives this pasta a subtle kick, while the toppings bring a necessary crunch and freshness.
Oh, and before we forget, we have more good news.
The Old Vic are offering a free hot drink to the first 20 people to visit Penny and quote “So Vegan”.
And while you’re there, don’t forget to check out more of their vegan-friendly treats!
Lazy One-Pot Mac-N-CheeseRoxy, So Vegan Team one-pot stand up! Are we slightly too obsessed with one-pot meals? Yes. They’re super quick to prepare and they leave you… Print This
- 600g / 21 oz macaroni
- 2 handfuls of chopped kale
- 400ml / 13.5fl.oz unsweetened almond milk
- 200g / 7oz grated vegan cheese
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- mixed seeds
- crispy onions
- Cook the macaroni as per the packet instructions in boiling salted water, then drain and return the macaroni to the pot or saucepan.
- Add the kale, almond milk, vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, sriracha, and large pinches of salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then return the pot or large saucepan to a medium heat and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Season to taste with extra salt and pepper if needed, then remove the pasta from the heat.
- Top the mac-n-cheese with watercress, mixed seeds and crispy onions to serve.