We’ve been making these awesome lettuce leaf tacos for years.
It’s one of our favourite quick and easy meals. They take no time at all and they never get boring.
This is a new and improved version of something we shared a while back. We’ve refined the recipe, packing in more flavour and making it even easier than before.
Roxy & Ben
Lettuce Leaf TacosRoxy, So Vegan We’ve been making these awesome lettuce leaf tacos for years. It’s one of our favourite quick and easy meals. They take no… Print This
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 x 400g (14oz) tinned black beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 red onion
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 fresh red chillies
- small handful of fresh coriander
- fresh lime
Cashew sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- If you’re making the cashew sour cream, soak the cashews in hot water and leave to one side.
- Drain and rinse the beans, then peel and dice the garlic.
- Add the beans, garlic, cumin, paprika, chilli powder, salt and pepper to a frying pan over a medium-high heat, then stir everything together and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 190ml (3/4 cup) of water to the pan, lower the heat and gently simmer for 10-12 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the onion. Then scoop the flesh out of the avocado and slice it into small pieces, discarding the stone. Slice the fresh chillies into rings and quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- If you’re making the cashew sour cream, drain the cashews then add them to a blender along with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Prepare the lettuce by washing the leaves to remove any dirt and trim the ends.
- Lay the lettuce leaves flat and start layering the ingredients. Start with a couple spoonfuls of the black bean chilli mixture, followed by a small handful of the cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado, fresh chilli and coriander.
- To serve, squeeze fresh lime juice over the top and drizzle with cashew sour cream.