- Ras el hanout is a traditional spice blend. You’ll find it in most large supermarkets, but you can always use an alternative Moroccan spice mix if you’re having trouble finding it.
Easy Moroccan Meal Prep
Full recipe: sovegan.co/mealprep
Posted by So Vegan on Monday, 4 February 2019
For the couscous:
- 320g (11.3oz) couscous
- 750ml (25.3 fl.oz) vegetable stock
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 x 400g (14.1oz) tin of chickpeas
- 1 x 200g (7oz) tinned sweetcorn
- large handful fresh parsley
- large handful fresh mint
- 2 lemons
- olive oil
For the tofu:
- 500g (17.6oz) extra firm tofu
- 4 tbsp ras el hanout (North African spice mix)
- 3 tbsp cornflour
For the dressing:
- 6 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 300g (10.5oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 100g (3.5oz) mixed salad leaves
- Transfer the couscous to a large bowl, then prepare the vegetable stock so it's hot and pour it over the couscous. Cover the bowl with a plate and leave for 10 minutes until the couscous becomes light and fluffy.
- Dice the red pepper and onion. Rinse and drain the chickpeas and sweetcorn. Then remove the stalks from the parsley and mint and roughly chop the leaves. Add the pepper, onion, chickpeas, sweetcorn, parsley, mint and juice from both the lemons to the couscous, along with a drizzle of olive oil (optional). Stir to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste (depending on your vegetable stock, the couscous might already be quite salty).
- In a separate small bowl combine the cornflour and ras el hanout, along with pinches of salt and pepper. Cut the tofu into 1cm (1/3 inch) thick slices (drain any excess water first, if necessary) and toss the tofu slices in the ras el haout and cornflour mixture until fully coated.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a frying pan on a medium heat. Once hot, add the the tofu slices to the pan and fry for 3-5 minute on each side until crispy.
- Meanwhile grate the carrots and quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- Next, prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Divide the couscous mixture between four lunch container boxes, then top with a quarter of the tofu.
- Place the lids on the boxes and store the meal prep in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Add the carrot, tomatoes, salad leaves and dressing on the day you eat each box.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories: 641 Total Fat: 18.7g Sat Fat: 3.2g Carbohydrate: 91.6g Sugars: 10.8g Fiber: 12.9g Protein: 28.5g