The chilli, mustard and paprika combine to give this dish a lovely warmth, which match perfectly with the creamy mushroom sauce.
- We use either an oat or soy-based vegan single cream. Alternatively you could blend a small handful of soaked cashews with enough water to create a smooth cream.You could also use gluten-free pasta to make this recipe gluten-free.
- olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled + sliced
- 500 g (17.6 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely + finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 200 ml (6.8 fl.oz) vegetable stock
- salt + pepper
- 300 g (10.6 oz) pasta, we use tagliatelle
- 1/2 cup vegan single cream, see notes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Drizzle a little oil in a pan on a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, mushroom and garlic and fry for 7 minutes until they start to brown.
- Add in the paprika, chilli powder, mustard, and vegetable stock. Then stir and reduce the heat so the sauce simmers for a further 8 minutes and starts to thicken.
- Meanwhile, fill a pan with boiling water and season with a pinch of salt. Transfer the pasta to the pan and cook as per the packet instructions.
- Stir the vegan single cream, lemon juice, and most of the parsley into the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook through on the lowest heat for a few minutes.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to the pan with the stroganoff. Combine well with the sauce.
- Top with extra parsley to serve.