Creamy, light and zesty, this vegan no-bake lemon cheesecake is a staple in the So Vegan household!
This recipe was actually featured in the BBC Good Food magazine last year, but we’ve only just got around to sharing it with you guys because we’ve been so busy working on our cookbook (sorry!).
This cheesecake is so simple. No baking, no complicated steps and easy-to-find ingredients. It’s perfect for dinner parties and it’s a real show stopper that’ll impress all your friends
Roxy & Ben
No-Bake Lemon CheesecakeRoxy, So Vegan Creamy, light and zesty, this vegan no-bake lemon cheesecake is a staple in the So Vegan household! This recipe was actually featured… Print This
- 300g vegan biscuits
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 450g raw cashews
- 75ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 lemons
- 2 x 400ml tins good quality coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- Place the 2 tins of coconut milk in the fridge to set the cream. This can take between an hour and three hours depending on much fat is in the coconut milk.
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 1 hour.
- Process the vegan biscuits and coconut oil in a food processor until fine. Then transfer to a cake tin and press down with a glass for an even and firm base. Leave the cake tin to one side.
- Remove the coconut tins from the fridge and scoop out the coconut cream that has settled on the top. Transfer the coconut cream to a blender and discard the coconut water or use it in another recipe.
- Add the cashews, maple syrup, juice of 4 lemons, zest of 4 lemons, vanilla extract, and salt to the blender, and blend until smooth. You may need to do this in two batches if your blender is too small to contain all the ingredients.
- Pour the cheesecake mix on top of the biscuit base and tap the tin to level out the mixture.
- Place the cheesecake in the freezer for two hours so it becomes nice and firm.
- Meanwhile prepare the lemon decoration by peeling the remaining lemon, then slicing the peel into 1 mm thick slices.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer 20 minutes before serving,
- Gently remove the cheesecake from the tin and place on a serving plate. Then sprinkle the slices of lemon peel on top.