We are right back at ya with another one-pot wonder.
This is another midweek favourite which uses bold flavours and a lovely creamy sauce.
It’s also a speedy meal which is people – like us – who are constantly in a rush.
We use white miso paste to give lots of body to the sauce and we add sun-dried tommies right at the end to preserve their lovely rich flavour.
But this isn’t any old pasta dish.
We cook our pasta in the sauce – I know, blasphemy! – which gives the sauce a extra creaminess from the starch.
If you’ve been here before, you’ll know we’re all about the one-pot pastas.
A few things you need to know:
- We loooooove using farfalle pasta in this dish. It just seems to fit the creamy sauce perfectly, but of course you can use any pasta you like.
- Instead of spinach, you can also use kale or even throw-in handfuls of rocket for a more peppery flavour.
- We usually use an oat-based single cream, but we’ve also tested this using a soy-based cream and the results were very similar.
- To be honest, there’s not much you can use to substitute the flavour of the sun-dried tomatoes. But another option is frying mushrooms first and adding a couple of spices – paprika and a pinch of cayenne would work – before continuing with the garlic and chilli flakes.
- It’s important to cook the pasta with the lid on. This ensures there’s enough liquid in the pot to cook the pasta, and makes sure the sauce is wonderfully creamy.
One-Pot Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta 😋 We’re planting a tree in the Amazon for every pre-order of our new cookbook ONE POT VEGAN! Order yours today 👉 sovegan.co/onepvPosted by So Vegan on Tuesday, 16 June 2020
One-Pot Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato PastaBen, So Vegan We are right back at ya with another one-pot wonder. This is another midweek favourite which uses bold flavours and a lovely… Print This
- olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 500ml / 16.9 fl.oz vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 400g / 14.1oz pasta
- 100g / 3.5oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 200ml / 6.7 fl.oz vegan single cream
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 150g / 5.3oz spinach
- extra virgin olive oil
- Peel and dice the garlic cloves. Add a splash of olive oil to a large casserole pot over a medium heat. As soon as the oil is hot, add the garlic and chilli flakes. Fry for 3 minutes or until the garlic begins to brown.
- Meanwhile prepare the vegetable stock. Add the 500ml (16.9 fl.oz) of veg stock to the pot along with an extra 300ml (10 fl.oz) of hot water and a small pinch of salt, then add the pasta. Give everything a stir, bring the pasta to a gentle simmer, then cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is just about dente and still has a lot of bite left to it.
- Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes. As soon as the pasta is ready, add the sun-dried tomatoes, vegan single cream, white miso paste, juice from the lemon half and nutritional yeast to the pot. Give everything a stir and season to taste with extra salt and pepper, then add the spinach and cook through for a minute until it has wilted.
- We like to serve our pasta with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper.