- We love using farfalle pasta in this dish. It just seems to fit the creamy sauce perfectly, but of course you can use any pasta you like.
- Instead of spinach, you can also use kale or even throw-in handfuls of rocket for a more peppery flavour.
- We usually use an oat-based single cream, but we’ve also tested this using a soy-based cream and the results were very similar.
- You can make this gluten-free using a gluten-free pasta, as well as a gluten-free miso paste, which you should be able to find in the free-from aisle at your local supermarket.
- olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled + diced
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 500ml / 16.9 fl.oz vegetable stock
- salt + pepper
- 350g / 12.3oz pasta, or use gluten-free
- 100g / 3.5oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained + chopped
- 200ml / 6.7 fl.oz vegan single cream
- 1 tsp white miso paste (or gluten-free miso paste)
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 150g / 5.3oz baby spinach
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pot over a medium heat. As soon as the oil is hot, add the garlic and chilli flakes. Fry for 3 minutes or until the garlic begins to brown.
- Next add the 500ml (16.9 fl.oz) of vegetable stock to the pot along with an extra 300ml (10 fl.oz) of hot water from a kettle and a small pinch of salt, then add the pasta. Give everything a stir, bring the pasta to a gentle simmer, then cover and cook for 10 minutes. Give the pasta a stir every couple of minutes. After 7 minutes or so, if there’s still lots of water, try cooking the remainder of the time with the lid off.
- After 10 minutes the pasta should still be slightly firm. Next add the sun-dried tomatoes, vegan single cream, white miso paste, lemon juice and nutritional yeast to the pot. Give everything a stir and season to taste with extra salt and pepper, then add the spinach and cook through for a minute or so until it has wilted and the pasta is cooked.
- We like to serve our pasta with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 460kcal / Protein 16.9g / Fat 11.7g / Sat Fat 1.5g / Carbs 70.6g / Sugar 5.4g / Fibre 6.3g
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share your SO VEGAN creations on Instagram and tag us at @SOVEGAN!